Name: Daniel D. Heisey III
Address: 5 Harvest View South Apt. #G
Mount Joy, PA 17552
- Burglary (2 Counts), Criminal Trespass (2 Counts)
- Theft by Unlawful Taking (2 Counts)
Grading: #1: 4 (Felony Counts)
Nature / Factual Basis of Charge(s):
Through investigative efforts the Manheim Borough Police Department filed charges on Daniel Heisey III for two residential burglaries in Rapho Township.
- On 12/11/13 a residential burglary occurred in the 2800 block of Sunny Side Road where 8 firearms and a Sony PlayStation 3 were stolen.
- On 12/11/13 a residential burglary occurred in the 500 block of Milton Grove Road and the suspect stole a Sony 40” television and a Sony PlayStation 3.
- Through an investigation, the suspect Daniel Heisey III, was identified after he sold one of the Stolen PlayStation 3 consoles at Game Trader’s store in Elizabethtown.
- On 12/23/13 at approximately 1205 hours the Mount Joy Borough Police Department apprehended Heisey during a vehicle stop.
- Heisey provided a written confession to MBPD officers explaining his involvement in the two burglaries on Sunny Side and Milton Grove Road.
- Heisey admitted to entering the homes and stealing the firearms and electronics for his addiction to drugs
“Residential burglaries continue to be an issue for this County as a whole. In this case the motive was once again, drug addiction, which compounds an additional level of dangerousness to this individual’s action. These types of crimes have a lasting effect on the victims. In this particular case, we now have stolen firearms that are in someone else’s possession that could pose a risk to others if they are used in furtherance of other criminal acts.” (Chief Stauffer quote)
Location of Offense: See above
Charging Officer: Chief Joseph C. Stauffer
Bail Status: Committed to Lancaster County Prison in Lieu of bail – Probation Violation)
Next Scheduled Court Appearance: Unknown
Point of Contact: Chief Joseph C. Stauffer